Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB), Government of India organisation, carries out regulatory and safety functions concerning establishment and utilisation of nuclear facilities and use of radioactive sources and radiation generating equipment in accordance with the provisions of the Atomic Energy Act 1962. The mission of AERB is to ensure the use of ionizing radiation and nuclear energy in India does not cause undue risk to the health of people and the environment. AERB has its Headquarters at Mumbai and regional offices at Chennai, Delhi and Kolkata. AERB has its Safety Research Institute at Kalpakkam, Tamil Nadu.
Applications are invited by the AERB for positions of Scientific Officer (SO) / Technical Officer (TO) Grade ‘G’/ ‘F’ / ‘E’ / ‘D’/’’C’. Any B.E/B.Tech degree holder in Mechanical / Electrical / Chemical/ Nuclear /Civil (Geo-technical)/ Instrumentation and Control/ Electronics Engineering can apply for these posts. The selected candidates may be posted to any part of India. Complete details are given below:
Name of Exam: Recruitment of Scientific Officer (SO) / Technical Officer (TO) in Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB) 2018
Name of Organization: Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB)
Post Name: Scientific Officer (SO) / Technical Officer (TO) Grade ‘G’/ ‘F’ / ‘E’ / ‘D’/’’C’
Salary / Pay Scale:
Candidates with exceptional qualities may be given additional increments (maximum 5) at the time of appointment.
Total Vacancy: 20 (Twenty ): [12 with Engineering disciplines in Grades G/F/E/D and 8 with MSc and Diploma in Radiation Physics in Grades in E/D/C ]
(Reservation Is Applicable for SC/ST/OBC & Other Categories)
- For 12 Engineering posts: B. Tech./B.E. in Mechanical / Electrical / Chemical/ Nuclear /Civil (Geo-technical)/ Instrumentation and Control/ Electronics Engineering
- For 8 posts for MSc with Diploma in Radiation Physics: M.Sc. Physics with Diploma in Radiation Physics (Dip. RP) from BARC, Mumbai or courses with equivalent syllabus
Experience (If Any):
- For 12 Engineering posts: (i) Research & Development / Design & Engineering / Construction / Commissioning / Operation of Nuclear Power Plants, Nuclear Facilities and/or similar institutions OR (ii) Quality Assurance/ Pre-service inspection, In-service Inspection/ Non- Destructive Examination / Welding, pressure vessel and piping/ Lasers/ Computer based systems and programmable hardware devices/ Independent verification and validation etc. for high technology applications.
- For 8 posts for MSc with Diploma in Radiation Physics: Use of radioactive sources and/or radiation generating equipment in medical / industrial research applications.
The crucial date for determining the age limit shall be the closing date for the receipt of the applications from candidates in India (other than those in Andaman and Nicobar Islands & Lakshadweep)
Upper age limit prescribed above is relaxable Up to a maximum of five years for SC/ST candidates & three years for OBC candidates for the post of Scientific Officer ‘C’.
Selection Process: Candidates will be called for technical interview based on their academic & professional qualifications and experience in the relevant field. Final selection will be based on the performance in the interview.
Application Fees: Application fee is Rs. 500/-. Mode of payment of the Application Fee is through online. Fee is exempted for candidates belonging to SC/ST, ex-servicemen and women categories. Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances and cannot be held in reserve for any other recruitment. Application fee should be paid on or before the last date of the receipt of online applications.
How to Apply:
- Applications will be accepted on-line only.
- Link for Online Applications is Provided Below.
- The facility of online application will be opened from 1.10.2018 to 31.10.2018.
Last Date of Online Application Is 31.10.2018