Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited (CPCL), is a leading profit making Public Sector Organization, a Group Company of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd., in the field of Hydro-carbon processing with a refining capacity of 11.5 MM TPA, having Refineries located in Chennai and Nagapattinam, in Tamil Nadu. The Company had achieved a turnover of Crore and made a profit of Rs. 913 Crore for the year 2017-18.
CPCL invites applications from young, self-motivated and energetic persons of Indian Nationality for the following positions. The number of vacancies indicated are tentative which may increase or decrease in the relevant categories at the absolute discretion of the Management.
Name of Organization: Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited (CPCL) a Group Company of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. (IOCL)
Post Name: Engineer (Chemical), Engineer (Mechanical), Engineer (Electrical), Engineer (Civil), Engineer (Metallurgy), IT&S Officer, Human Resources Officer & Safety Officer
Salary / Pay Scale: Candidates will be appointed in the IDA Pay Scale of Rs. 60,000/- to Rs. 80,000/- on a basic pay of Rs. 60,000/- (Rupees Sixty Thousand only) in Grade ‘A’ in Supervisory cadre, subject to medical fitness. In addition to the Basic Pay, Industrial pattern of DA, HRA / Self-lease / Contributory Provident Fund, Gratuity, LFA (lump-sum) / LTC, Reimbursement of Medical expenses and other benefits including Superannuation benefits would be provided according to the rules of the Corporation. The Cost to Company (CTC), including performance related pay, works out to about Rs. 17 lakhs per annum.
- Engineer (Chemical): First class Degree in Engineering / Technology in Chemical / Petroleum / Petrochemicals with not less than 60% mark in aggregate of all Semesters / Years. SC/ST candidates need to score a minimum 55%.
- Engineer (Mechanical): First class Degree in Engineering / Technology in Mechanical with not less than 60% mark in aggregate of all Semesters / Years. SC/ST candidates need to score a minimum 55%.
- Engineer (Electrical): First class Degree in Engineering / Technology in Electrical / Electrical & Electronics with not less than 60% mark in aggregate of all Semesters / Years. SC candidates need to score a minimum 55%.
- Engineer (Civil): First class Degree in Engineering / Technology in Civil with not less than 60% mark in aggregate of all Semesters / Years. ST candidates need to score a minimum 55%.
- Engineer (Metallurgy): First class Degree in Engineering / Technology in Metallurgy with not less than 60% mark in aggregate of all Semesters / Years.
- IT&S Officer: First class Degree in Engineering in Computer Science / Information Technology / Electronics & Communication with not less than 60 % Marks in aggregate of all Semesters / Years.
- Human Resources Officer: Graduate in any discipline with two years course leading to Post Graduate Diploma / Masters Degree in Human Resource Management / Personnel Management / Industrial Relations / Labour Welfare / Master of Social Work / Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent with specialization in Personnel Management & Labour Welfare / Human Resources from a recognized Indian University/ lnstitute with not less than 55% mark in aggregate of all Semesters / Years.
- Safety Officer: First class degree in any branch of Engineering or Technology with not less than 60% mark in aggregate of all Semesters / Years. Should possess a degree or diploma in Industrial safety recognized by Govt. of India/ approved by Govt. Regulatory Bodies. Should possess adequate knowledge of Tamil Language.
Age Limit: Upper Age Limit for the above posts is 26 years as on 01.09.2018. The upper age is relaxable by 05 years for SC/ ST category candidates, 03 years for OBC (NCL) category candidates. The upper age limit is also relaxable by 05 years for candidates domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir between 01.01.1980 and 31.12.1989. In case of Persons with Benchmark Disabilities, the upper age limit is relaxable by 10 years for PwBD – General category candidates, 13 years for PwBD-OBC (NCL) category candidates and 15 years for PwBD – SC/ ST category candidates. The above relaxation in upper age limit is applicable only in respect of posts which are reserved for SC/ ST/ OBC (NCL) category candidates.
Selection Process: The selection shall be made through Written Test (to be held in Chennai only) and Personal Interview of the short listed candidates for assessment of different facets of Knowledge, Skills, Attitude, Aptitude, etc.
Application Fees: Candidate belonging to General / OBC categories are required to pay online a non-refundable registration fee of 5OO/- (Rupees Five hundred only). No other means / mode of application shall be accepted. CPCL will not be responsible for non-receipt / bouncing back of any email sent to the candidate. The SC / ST / PwBD / Exservicemen candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
How to Apply & Important Dates for Online Application: The eligible candidates have to apply through online registration system of CPCL only. The candidate must possess a valid e-mail ID. The site will be functional from 10:00 hours of 24.09.2018 to midnight of 08.10.2018.