The Indian Army has published a notification for recruitment to 194 posts of Religious Teachers (Jr. Commissioned Officer) for the recruitment year 2021. The post is available in Pandit, Maulvi, Padre and various other categories. Duties of Selected Candidates for these posts will include reading prayers, giving special religious instruction to the children, attending various Officers / Soldiers welfare institutions etc. Candidates having Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline i.e. B.A. / B.Sc / B.Com / BCA / BBA / B.E. / B.Tech or Equivalent Academic Degree who comes in the age group of 25-34 years and possess other qualifications as mentioned below can apply online for this recruitment.
Name of Exam: Indian Army Religious Teachers (Jr. Commissioned Officer) Recruitment 2021
Name of Organization: Indian Army.
Post Name & Total Vacancy: Post Name is Religious Teacher (Jr. Commissioned Officer). On successful completion of training the candidates will be commissioned as Religious Teachers in the rank of Naib Subedar. Category wise vacancy details are provided in the table below –
Job Type: Permanent.
Job Location: Anywhere in India.
Educational Qualification: Any Bachelor’s Degree i.e. B.A. / B.Sc / B.Com / BCA / BBA / B.E. / B.Tech or Equivalent Academic Degree with –
- For Pandit and Pandit (Gorkha) for Gorkha Regiment: Hindu candidates with Acharya in Sanskrit OR Shastri in Sanskrit with one-year diploma in ‘Karam Kand’.
- For Granthi: Sikh candidates with ‘Gyani’ in Punjabi.
- For Maulvi and Maulvi (Shia) for Ladakh Scouts: Muslim candidates with Maulvi Alim in Arabic or Adib Alim in Urdu.
- For Padre: Any person who have been ordained priesthood by the appropriate ecclesiastical authority and is still on the approved list of the local Bishop.
- For Bodh Monk (Mahayana): Any person who have been ordained Monk/Buddhist Priest, by the Appropriate Authority. The term Appropriate Authority will mean Head Priest of the Monastery where the person has been initiated into priesthood. The head priest should be in possession of Geshe (PhD) of Khanpa or Lopon or Rabjam with proper certificate from Monastery.
Experience (If Any): Freshers are eligible.
Age Limit: Not below 25 years of age and not above 34 years.
Selection Process: Written Exam and Interview.
Application Fees: Nil.
Last Date of Online Application: 09.02.2021.