The Indian Coast Guard is responsible for protecting India’s maritime interests and enforcing maritime laws. The Indian Coast Guard was established in the year 1978 under the Ministry of Defence, Government of India. The Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union, offers a challenging career to young and dynamic Indian male / female candidates for various branches as an Assistant Commandant (Group ‘A’ Gazetted Officer) and invites ‘online’ application.
Name of Exam: Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Recruitment 02/2019 Batch
Name of Organization: Indian Coast Guard
Post Name & Pay Scale: The officers will be posted as Assistant Commandant in Indian Coast Guard with initial basic pay of Rs. 56,100/- with all usual allowances.
Educational Qualification: Indian citizens having following minimum qualifications are eligible to apply:
- General Duty (Male) / General Duty(SSA) (Female): Any Graduate Or B.E / B.Tech in Civil / Chemical / Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical Engineering or Any Branch Degree Holders are eligible (i) Candidates who have passed Bachelor’s degree from any recognised university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (i.e. 1st Semester to 8th Semester for BE/B.Tech Course or 1st year to last year for Bachelor Degree candidates wherever applicable). (ii)Mathematics and Physics as subjects up to intermediate or class XIIthof 10+2+3 scheme of education or equivalent.(Candidates not in possession of Physics and Maths in 10+2(intermediate) or equivalent level are not eligible for General Duty (GD) and General Duty (SSA).
- Commercial Pilot Entry (CPL) (SSA): Candidates holding current /valid Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) issued/ validated by Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA). Minimum educational qualification – XIIth pass (Physics and Mathematics)with 60% marks in aggregate.
- Law: A degree in Law with minimum 60% marks from a recognized university. (Three years degree in law after graduation or Five years after 10+2 examination)..
- General Duty (Male): Born between 01 Jul 1994 to 30 Jun 1998 (Both dates inclusive).
- General Duty(SSA) (Female): Born between 01 Jul 1994 to 30 Jun 1998 (Both dates inclusive).
- Commercial Pilot Entry (CPL) (SSA): Born between 01 Jul 1994 to 30 Jun 2000 (Both dates inclusive).
- Law: Born between 01 Jul 1989 to 30 Jun 1998 (Both dates inclusive).
The upper age limit of OBC/SC & ST is relaxable as per Govt. of India rules in vogue.
Selection Process for Assistant Commandant in Indian Coast Guard:
(a) Short Listing of Applications. Short listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination and the qualifying cut off for a particular branch or centre may be increased more than 60% if more applications with higher % are received.
(b) Preliminary Selection. Shortlisted candidates will be called for Preliminary Selection at given date and time which will consist of Mental Ability Test/ Cognitive Aptitude Test and Picture Perception & Discussion Test (PP&DT). The aptitude tests will be in English only and will be of objective type. During PP&DT the candidates are expected to speak and discuss in English. However, they are free to speak in Hindi if they wish to do so. Date/ time and venue of Preliminary Selection once allotted will not be changedat any stage.
Final Selection. The candidates who qualify Preliminary Selection will be called for Final Selection. The date and venue for Final Selection Board (FSB) will be uploaded on Indian Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in. The Final Selection will consist of Psychological Test, Group Task and Interview (Personality test). All documents/ certificates verified during PSB are also required to be produced in originals during FSB..
Important Dates for Online Applications: Applications will be accepted only ‘Online’ from 18 Nov 2018 to 30 Nov 2018 upto 1700 hrs for the above said posts.
[maxbutton id=”58″ url=”http://www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/” ]
[maxbutton id=”51″ ]
[maxbutton id=”52″ ]
[maxbutton id=”55″ ]
[maxbutton id=”54″ ]
[maxbutton id=”53″ ]
[maxbutton id=”56″ ]