The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) was established in the year 1978 as an independent armed force of India. It conducts round-the-year real-life operations at sea. It is responsible for protecting India’s maritime interests and enforcing maritime law with jurisdiction over the territorial waters of India. Indian Coast Guard invites applications from interested & eligible candidates for recruitment to various civilian category posts. Candidates who are 10th Pass or Higher Degree Holders i.e. B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com. / B.E. / B.Tech / M.A. / M.Sc. / M.Com. or Equivalent Academic Degree Holders can apply for these posts by 30th June 2019.
Name of Exam: Indian Coast Guard Various Civilian Category Posts Recruitment 2019
Name of Organization: Indian Coast Guard (ICG)
Post Name: Applications are invited by Indian Coast Guard for recruitment to the below mentioned posts.
- Draughtsman III – General Central Service Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial
- Civilian Motor Transport Driver – (Ordinary Grade) General Central Service Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted / Non-Ministerial
- Engine Driver – General Central Service Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial
- Sarang Lascar – General Central Service Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial
- Lascar I Class – General Central Service Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted / Non- Ministerial.
Salary / Pay Scale:
- Draughtsman III : PB-1 of Rs. 5200 – 20200 + Rs. 2400/- (GP) (pre-revised) and Revised Pay Matrix Level 4, Rs. 25,500/-
- Civilian Motor Transport Driver : PB-1 of Rs. 5200 – 20200 + Rs. 1900/- (GP) (pre-revised) and Revised Pay Matrix Level 2, Rs. 19,900/-
- Engine Driver : PB-1 of Rs. 5200 – 20200 + Rs. 2400/- (GP) (pre-revised) and Revised Pay Matrix Level 4, Rs. 25,500/-
- Sarang Lascar : PB-1 of Rs. 5200 – 20200 + Rs. 2400/- (GP) (pre-revised) and Revised Pay Matrix Level 4, Rs. 25,500/-
- Lascar I Class : PB-1 of Rs. 5200 – 20200 + Rs. 1800/- (GP) (pre-revised) and Revised Pay Matrix Level 1, Rs. 18,000/-
Total Vacancy: 18
Post-wise distribution of vacancies & place of posting given below.
Educational Qualification & Experience:
- Draughtsman III :
(a) Matriculation or equivalent.
(b) Two years Diploma in Draughtsmanship or its equivalent.
(c) One year experience in the relevant field is desirable or Must have completed apprenticeship or at least three years in Naval / Marine / Electrical / Mechanical / Structural / workshop / Civil Engineering drawing office or Naval Architecture ship construction.
- Civilian Motor Transport Driver :
(a) 10th standard pass.
(b) Must possess valid driving licence for both heavy and light motor vehicles.
(c) Should have at least two years experience in driving motor vehicles.
(d) Knowledge of motor mechanism (should be able to attend to minor defects in vehicles).
- Engine Driver : Certificate of competency as Engine Driver from a recognized Govt. Institute or equivalent.
- Sarang Lascar : Certificate of competency as Sarang from a Govt. recognized Institute or equivalent.
- Lascar I Class :
(i) Matriculation pass or its equivalent from recognized boards.
(ii) Three years experience in service on Boat / Barge.
Age Limit (as on 30.06.2019):
- Draughtsman III : 18-28 years
- Civilian Motor Transport Driver : 18-27 years
- Engine Driver : 18 to 30 years
- Sarang Lascar : 18 to 30 years
- Lascar I Class : 18 to 30 years
(Age Relaxation for OBC, SC, ST & Other Categories will be in Accordance with the Instructions / Orders issued by Central Govt. from time to time.)
Selection Process: The selection of candidates will be based only on the merit in Written Examination. However, the Skill / Physical Tests wherever required will be conducted, but will only be qualifying in nature with no bearing on the overall merit.
How To Apply: The applications in the prescribed proforma at Annexure-I (given in the official notification) should be forwarded to the offices as under by 30th June 2019 :
- For the posts in offices at Ratnagiri & Mumbai: The Commander, No.2 Coast Guard District Headquarters, Worli Sea Face P.O., Worli Colony, Mumbai – 400 030
- For posts in offices at Goa : The Commander, No.11 Coast Guard District Headquarters (Goa), 4th floor, MPT Old Admin Bldg., Mormugao Harbour, Goa – 403 803
- For posts in offices at Kochi : The Commander, No.4 Coast Guard District Headquarters, Kelvatthy Fort, Fort Kochi–682004
- For the posts in offices at Daman : The Commanding Officer, Coast Guard Air Station, Nani Daman–396210
The envelope containing the application must be superscribed as ‘Application for the post of _______________’. Application should be submitted by Ordinary Post only. Self attested copies of educational, technical, age proof, caste certificate for OBC / SC / ST and experience certificate, if any, should be enclosed with the application. Candidates in Central Govt. service should submit NOC from their present employer along-with applications.
Last Date for Submission of Application Form & Other Required Documents: 30.06.2019