Name of Examination: Kerala Judicial Service Examination -2017
Pay Scale: Rs. 27700/- to Rs. 44770/-
Total Vacancy: 40
- NCA Vacancies : 6
- Regular Vacancies : 34
(For Complete Details Please Check Official Notification Given Below)
Methods of recruitment
- Direct Recruitment
- Recruitment by Transfer
- Direct Recruitment: The candidate shall be a holder of a degree in Law recognized by the Bar Council of India for the purpose of enrollment as an Advocate.
- Recruitment by Transfer: No officer in service shall be eligible for appointment as Munsiff-Magistrate by transfer, unless he is a holder of a degree in law recognized by the Bar Council of India for the purpose of enrollment as an advocate and is an approved probationer in any one or more of the feeder categories enumerated as Sl. Nos. (i) to (viii) below.
Feeder categories of officers for Recruitment by Transfer:
- Assistant Public Prosecutor Grade I & II
- Assistant Registrars and other officers of the High Court in the same scale of pay of Assistant Registrars, Personal Assistant to the Chief Justice, Additional Personal Assistant to the Chief Justice, Section Officers; Librarian, Reference Librarian, Court Officers, Filing Scrutiny Officers, Accountant, Head Translator, Private Secretary to Judges including Higher Grade, and Personal Assistant (Selection Grade) to Judge in the High Court of Kerala.
- Under Secretaries, Section Officers and Librarian in the Advocate General’s Office.
- Section Officers and Librarian in the Law Department, Government Secretariat.
- Sheristadars of District Courts, Additional District Courts, Special Courts, the Office of the Motor Accidents Claims Tribunals, the Office of the State Transport Appellate Tribunal, Family Court and Wakf Tribunals and Sub Courts, Senior Superintendents of the District Courts and Additional District Courts and Selection Grade Confidential Assistants in the Subordinate Civil Courts.
- Sheristadars of Chief Judicial Magistrate’s Courts and Selection Grade Confidential Assistants in the Subordinate Criminal Courts.
- Full time Assistant Professors of Government Law Colleges.
- Officers working in the High Court, Subordinate Courts, Advocate General’s Office and Law Department in the Government Secretariat not covered by categories (i) to (vii) and having not less than ten years of total service in any one of the four offices or in the four offices taken together.
(For the purpose of computing 70 years of total service under serial No. viii above, the period of practice as an Advocate shall also be counted.)
Direct Recruitment: Maximum age is upto 35 years
Recruitment by Transfer: Maximum age is upto 54 years
(For OBC, SC, ST and Other Categories-Relaxation as per rules)
Selection Process: There will be two steps in the procedure of selection.
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
Starting Date of Online Application: 14.11.2017
Last Date of Online Application
Date of closure of Step-I process : 13.12.2017
Last date for remittance of application fee : 20.12.2017
Date of closure of Step-II process : 27.12.2017
Exam Date: Will be announced later.
(The candidates are advised to visit the recruitment portal of the High Court at least once in two weeks to know about the schedule of the examination.)
How to Apply: Click here for online application
Official Notification: Click here for official notification