About Odisha Mining Corporation Limited:
The Odisha Mining Corporation Ltd, a Gold Category Public Sector Undertaking of Government of Odisha is the largest State PSU in the Country in Mining Sector. It recorded an annual turnover of Rs.2331.43 Crores & net profit of Rs.770.24 Crores in the year 2016-17.
Advertisement No. 16119/OMC Date: 13.11.2017
Post Name, Total Vacancy, & Pay Scale:
(For Complete Details Please Check Official Notification Given Below)
(For OBC, SC, ST and Other Categories Age – Relaxation as per rules)
The selection procedure involves 9 stages activities.
a. Online applications by the prospective candidates.
b. Scrutiny of applications & rejection of applications if not compatible with norms of the advertisement.
c. Shortlisting of candidates on descending order of marks awarded.
d. Display of names in OMC Website in respect of the shortlisted candidates for verification of documents.
e. Verification of documents.
f. Validation of marks of each candidate on authenticity of documents verified and found correct.
g. Display of names of eligible shortlisted candidates for written test.
h. Written test followed by Computer Proficiency Test.
i. Appointment of selected candidate based on descending order of merit in the written test after the candidates qualify in the computer proficiency test.
For shortlisting of applicants, the following norms shall be adopted for awarding mark.
a. Base qualification – 70% weightage against 70 marks.
(on the basis of average career marks from HSC / 10th onwards up to the qualifying examination)
b. Higher qualifications – 20 marks @ 4 marks for each higher qualification.
c. Experience – 10 marks @ 2 marks for each completed year of job post qualification experience.
- Shortlisting of candidates for verification of documents as well as written test for a post shall be based on the category (UR/SC/ST/SEBC) to which he/she belongs.
- The shortlisted candidates shall be called on for verification of certificates / documents, Written Test and Proficiency Test in the ratio to be fixed by the Management.
- During verification, if it is found that any shortlisted candidate has submitted false/ irrelevant documents, his /her candidature will be cancelled and next below candidate from that category in descending order of marks shall be called for verification of documents /written test.
- The departmental candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria prescribed in the terms and conditions of advertisement shall be called on for verification of documents as well as Written Test directly.
- The computer proficiency test will be of qualifying nature only. So, the secured mark in the computer proficiency test shall not be added to the mark obtained in the written test. Appointment shall be considered exclusively on the basis of descending order of merit in the written test provided the candidate emerges successful in the computer proficiency test. A candidate shall be considered successful in the computer proficiency test provided he/she secures the pass mark of 30 (minimum) out of 100.
(For Complete Details of Exam Process, Syllabus etc. Please Check Official Notification Given Below)
Starting Date of Online Application: 15.11.2017
Last Date of Online Application: 14.12.2017
How to Apply: Click here for online application
Official Notification: Click here for official notification