India Government Mint, Kolkata (West Bengal) is a unit of Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Limited (SPMCIL) which is a Mini Ratna Category-I Central Public Sector Company under the Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance. Applications through online mode are invited by the IGM, Kolkata for recruitment to Supervisors, Engravers, Junior Office Assistants & Other Posts for the recruitment year 2021. Any Bachelor’s Degree Holder or Mechanical Engineering / Civil Engineering / Other Engineering Branch Degree / Diploma or ITI Diploma Holder candidates can apply online for this recruitment. Summarised details for candidates reference are provided below.
Name of Exam: SPMCIL Engineers, Assistants & Other Posts Recruitment 2021 for IGM Kolkata.
Name of Organization: India Government Mint, Kolkata (West Bengal), a unit of SPMCIL
Post Name: The recruitment is for following posts –
- Supervisor (Tech.Oprs.) (Level–S1)
- Engraver-III (Level–B4)
- Junior Office Assistant (Level-B3)
- Junior Bullion Assistant (Level–B3)
- Junior Technician (Electronics) (Level–W1).
Total Vacancy & Pay Scale: Details of post wise vacancies & pay scale are given below –
Job Type: Permanent.
Job Location: Initial posting of candidates will be in Kolkata, however, candidates are liable for transfer to any of the units under SPMCIL.
Educational Qualification: Post wise educational qualification details are as under –
- Supervisor (Tech.Oprs.): 1st Class full time Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical / Civil / Metallurgical). Higher Qualification i.e. B.Tech. / B.E. / B.Sc.(Engg) in the relevant trade will also be considered.
- Engraver-III: Bachelor of Fine Arts (Sculpture / Metal Works / Painting) with atleast 55% marks.
- Junior Office Assistant: Graduate with at least 55% marks and computer knowledge with typing speed on computer in English @ 40 wpm / in Hindi @ 30 wpm, as per the requirement.
- Junior Bullion Assistant: Graduate with at least 55% marks and computer knowledge with typing speed on computer in English @ 40 wpm / in Hindi @ 30 wpm, as per the requirement.
- Junior Technician (Electronics): Full time ITI Certificate in Electronics Trade along with one year NAC certificate from NCVT.
Experience (If Any): Freshers are eligible
Age Limit: 18 years to 30 years for Supervisors, 18 years to 25 years for Junior Technicians and 18-28 years for other posts. Relaxation in the upper age limit will be as per Central Government Rules.
Selection Process: Through Online Exam & Skill Test (Where Applicable).
Application Fees: Rs. 600/- for UR / EWS / OBC and Rs. 600/- for SC / ST / PWD.
Opening date of online registration: 20/01/2021
Last Date of Online Application: 19/02/2021.