The Union Public Service Commission of India (UPSC) has released its official notice for UPSC CDS 2 2018 Exam (CDS II – 2018). Online applications are invited from eligible candidates for Officers Cadre Entry in Indian Armed Forces (Indian Air Force / Indian Navy & Indian Army) through UPSC Combined Defense Services Exam (II) 2018. Check all important details regarding UPSC CDS II Exam 2018 below:
Name of Exam: UPSC Combined Defense Services Exam (II) 2018 (UPSC CDS 2 – 2018)
Name of the Course (Training Before Final Posting in Various Defense Services) and Approximate No. of Vacancies in UPSC CDS II Exam 2018:
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun— 147th (DE) Course commencing in July, 2019 [including 13 vacancies reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Army Wing) holders]: 100 Vacancies
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala—Course commencing in July, 2019 Executive (General Service)/Hydro [including 06 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate holders (Naval Wing)]: 45 Vacancies
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad—(Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in July, 2019 i.e. No. 206 F(P) Course. [03 vacancies are reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Air Wing) holders through NCC Spl. Entry]: 32 Vacancies
- Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)— 110th SSC (Men) Course (NT) commencing in October, 2019. (including 50 vacancies for NCC ‘C’ certificate holders for NCC Spl. Entry): 225 Vacancies
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai—24th SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course commencing in October, 2019: 12 Vacancies .
Age Limit, Sex and Marital Status for UPSC CDS 2 Exam 2018:
- For IMA—Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1995 and not later than 1st July, 2000 only are eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy—Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1995 and not later than 1st July, 2000 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy— 20 to 24 years as on 1st July, 2019 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July, 1995 and not later than 1st July, 1999 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July, 1993 and not later than 1st July, 1999) only are eligible. Note: Candidate below 25 years of age must be unmarried. Marriage is not permitted during training. Married candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply but during training period they will neither be provided married accommodation nor can they live with family out of the premises.
- For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Course for men) unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1994 and not later than 1st July, 2000 only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd July, 1994 and not later than 1st July, 2000.
Educational Qualification for UPSC CDS Exam:
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy— Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy—Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution.
- For Air Force Academy—Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering. Graduates with first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.
Candidates who are studying in the final year/semester Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply provided candidate should not have any present backlog upto the last semester / year for which results have been declared upto the time of submission of application and they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination at the time of commencement of course
Selection Process for UPSC CDS 2 – 2018: Based On Written Exam & SSB Interview.
Application Fees for UPSC Combined Defense Services Exam (II) 2018: Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred Only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
Starting Date of Online Application: 08.08.2018
Last Date of Online Application: 03.09.2018