Combined Defence Services (CDS) Exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) every year to recruit Officers in Indian Armed Forces (Indian Army / Indian Navy & Indian Air Forces). Selected candidates get their training in Indian Military Academy / Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy. Those candidates who complete their training successfully get posted as Lieutenant in Indian Army or Sub Lieutenant in Indian Navy or Flying Officers in Indian Navy.
UPSC has invited online applications for UPSC CDS – I Exam 2019 to recruit officers in Indian Armed Forces. After checking complete details from below links, eligible candidates can apply for this exam through the official website of UPSC before 26.11.2018
Name of Exam: UPSC Combined Defence Services Exam – I, 2019 (UPSC CDS – I 2019)
Name of Organization: Indian Armed Forces (Indian Air Force / Indian Navy / Indian Army)
Post Name: Lieutenant of Army / Sub – Lieutenant in Navy / Flying Officers in Air Force
Salary / Pay Scale: After successful training, selected candidates will be posted in pay level 10 of 7th pay matrix. Initial basic pay will be Rs. 56,100/- for selected officers and other than this officers will also be eligible for TA / DA / HRA/ Military Pay & Various Other Perks.
Name of the Course and Approximate No. of Vacancies:
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy: Any Graduate OR B.E. / B.Tech in Civil / Chemical / Mechanical / Electrical / Computer Science / Information Technology / Electronics & Communication Engineering or any other branch or equivalent degree holders are eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy: Degree in Engineering from a recognised University / Institution.
- For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Candidates studying in the final year can apply if they don’t have any present backlog upto the last semester / year for which results have been declared upto the time of submission of application .
Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status for UPSC CDS:
- For IMA: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1996 and not later than 1st January, 2001 only are eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1996 and not later than 1st January, 2001 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy: 20 to 24 years as on 1st January, 2020 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd January, 1996 and not later than 1st January, 2000 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 2nd January, 1994 and not later than 1st January, 2000) only are eligible.
- Note: Candidate below 25 years of age must be unmarried. Marriage is not permitted during training. Married candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply but during training period they will neither be provided married accommodation nor can they live with family out of the premises.
- For Officers’ Training Academy: (SSC Course for men) unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1995 and not later than 1st January, 2001 only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy: (SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1995 and not later than 1st January, 2001.
NOTE : Male divorcee/widower candidates cannot be treated as unmarried male for the purpose of their admission in IMA/INA/AFA courses and accordingly they are not eligible for these courses.
Selection Process: UPSC Will Conduct Written Exam for UPSC CDS – I, 2019. For those candidates who qualifies the written exam conducted by UPSC, an interview will be conducted by the Service Selection Board (SSB) of respective Armed Forces (ARMY / NAVY / AIR FORCE) for which they qualifies.
Application Fees: Candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred Only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
(SC / ST / Female Candidates are exempted from paying fees)
Candidates Can File Online Applcations for UPSC CDS – I 2019 Exam On Or Before 26-11-2018 till 1800 hrs / 1800
[maxbutton id=”58″ url=”https://upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php” ]
[maxbutton id=”51″ ]
[maxbutton id=”52″ ]
[maxbutton id=”55″ ]
[maxbutton id=”54″ ]
[maxbutton id=”53″ ]
[maxbutton id=”56″ ]