The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts Combined Defence Services (CDS) exam to recruit candidates as Lieutenant in Indian Army, Sub Lieutenant in Indian Navy and Flying Officer in Indian Air Force. All these posts are Group A Posts in Indian Armed Forces. This exam is conducted twice every year and Any Bachelor’s Degree Holder i.e. BA / BSc / BCom / BBA / BCA / Equivalent Academic Degree or Electrical / Mechanical / Civil / Any Other Engineering Degree holder candidates can apply online for this recruitment (Final Year Eligible). The notification for UPSC CDS I 2020 has been published by the commission for total 345 vacancies. Out of these 345 vacancies 287 vacancies are in Indian Army, 26 vacancies in Indian Navy and vacancies are in Indian Air Force. Complete details are given below.
Name of Exam: UPSC Combined Defence Service I Exam 2021 (UPSC CDS I 2021).
Name of Organization: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
Post Name: Lieutenant in Indian Army, Sub Lieutenant in Indian Navy and Flying Officer in Indian Air Force
Total Vacancy: Total notified vacancies are 345 as per the details mentioned below –
Job Type: Permanent.
Job Location: Anywhere in India or Abroad.
Salary / Pay Scale: Initial Basic Pay Rs. 56,100/- + HRA + DA + TA + Various Other Allowances, Insurance, Medical Facilites etc.
Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s degree for Indian Army, Engineering Degree. for Indian Navy and for Indian Air Force Any Bachelor’s Degree holder who have studied Physics and Maths at 10+2 Level or Engineering Degree Holder eligible. Final Year Students Are Also Eligible.
Experience (If Any): Freshers Eligible.
Age Limit: As per details given below –
- For IMA: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1998 and not later than 1st January 2003 only are eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January 1998 and not later than 1st January 2003 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy: Born not earlier than 2nd January 1998 and not later than 1st January 2002 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and 7 current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable up to 26 yrs.
- For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Course for men): Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January 1997 and not later than 1st January 2003 only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy: (SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd January 1997 and not later than 1st January 2003.
Selection Process: Written Exam, SSB Interview.
Application Fees: Rs. 200/-. No fee for Female/SC/ST Candidates.
Last Date of Online Application: 17.11.2020.