Applications are invited by the West Bengal Postal Circle (Indian Post), from eligible candidates for the selection and engagement to the posts of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) under West Bengal Postal Circle. Important details for candidates are as under:
Name of Exam: West Bengal Postal Circle – Recruitment of 5778 Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS)
Name of Organization: West Bengal Postal Circle (Indian Post)
Post Name: Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS)
Total Vacancy: 5778 (OBC – 1328, SC – 1184, ST – 286, PH-HH – 86, PH-OH – 83, PH-VH-51, UR – 2760)
Educational Qualification for Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) In West Bengal Postal Circle 2018: The candidate should pass 10th standard from approved state boards by the respective State Govt. / Central Govt. No weightage will be given for possessing any qualification(s) higher than the mandatory educational qualification. The Candidate passed Xth class examination in first attempt will be treated as meritorious against those passed compartmentally.
Computer Knowledge for Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) In West Bengal Postal Circle 2018: The candidate should have computer knowledge and will be required to furnish basic computer training certificate for at least 60 days from a recognized Computer Training Institute. Certificates from Central Government/ State Government/ University/ Boards etc., will also be acceptable for this purpose. This requirement of basic computer knowledge certificate shall be relaxable in cases where a candidate has studied computer as a subject in Class X or Class XII or higher educational qualification provided the candidate submits a certificate of Class X or Class XII or higher educational qualification in which he/she has studied computer as a subject.
Age Limit for Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) In West Bengal Postal Circle 2018: The minimum and maximum age for the purpose of engagement to Gramin Dak Sevaks posts shall be between 18 and 40 years as on 05.04.2018. The maximum age shall be relaxable by 03 (three) years to those belonging to OBC categories and 05 (five) years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST. [10 years for PH above the respective category]
(Age Relaxation for OBC, SC, ST & Other Categories is As Per Rules)
Selection Process for Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) In West Bengal Postal Circle 2018 :
1. Selection will be made as per the automatic generated merit list as per the rules based on the candidates online submitted applications.
2. No weightage will be given for higher educational qualification. Only marks obtained in 10th standard of approved Boards aggregated to percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals will be the criteria for finalizing the selection. Passing of all the subjects as per the respective approved board norms is mandatory for taking candidate into account for calculating the merit.
3. In case candidates get the same marks, the merit order would be taken as DOB(higher age as merit), ST female, SC female, OBC female, UR female, ST Male, SC Male, OBC male, UR male.
4. Candidate can opt any choice of eligible posts in circle / circles and preference of priority will be made circle wise as per the order of posts applied as appeared in the submitted application. Selection will be made circle wise and preference will be given as per order of choice in the circle. In case if the candidate is selected in more than one choice of posts with in a circle, selection will be offered to the first selected post in the choice of preference in order for the circle and candidature for all other selected posts will be forfeited for the circle. Same is applicable to all circles for the candidate applied. However one post is offered for each circle if applied and selected for one or more posts in each circle.
Ex : If a candidate opts for five posts with preference post1, post2, post3, post4, post5 etc and selected as meritorious in more than one post, the post in the order of preference will be offered and the candidature for all the remaining posts will be forfeited.
5. In case candidate willfully uploads wrong documents/information and unnecessary documents, his candidature will not be considered. Similarly in case the candidate enter marks erroneously either high or low with reference to marks list uploaded then the candidature will also not be considered.
6. Candidates having both marks and grades in the marks list have to apply with marks only. In case candidate apply with grades is liable for disqualification of application.
7. The candidate will get an SMS on his provisional selection on the prescribed date after selection. Mere getting SMS or any other communication on selection will not entitle the candidate to claim for regular selection/appointment. The final selection/ appointment will be based on satisfactory completion of verification and genuineness of all educational & other documents produced by the candidates by the concerned appointing authorities.
Department is not responsible for non-receipt of email / SMS by the candidate due to any specific reason or without any reason arising out of providers services and other dependencies. However, a physical communication in regard to provisional selection intimation will be sent by respective recruiting authorities in due course as per the selection procedure.
Applicants submitted applications without complete data will also be rejected from consideration.
8. Candidate can view his/her result status in the website by providing the reference number till the results are announced. once results are declared and post is filled, it can be viewed in the results status which provides all details of the candidates applied for that post.
Application Process for Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) In West Bengal Postal Circle 2018: Candidate who desires to apply online will have to register himself / herself in the portal through https://indiapost.gov.in or http://appost.in/gdsonline with the basic details to obtain the Registration Number. Candidates already once registered in http://appost.in/gdsonline need not register again. The same registration number should be used for submission of application. Any candidate who forgot the registration number can retrieve the registration number through option ‘Forgot registration’.
Salary / Pay Scale for Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) In West Bengal Postal Circle 2018: Applicant of category OC/OBC Male should pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred) for each set of five options.
Starting Date of Online Application: 05.04.2018
Last Date of Online Application: 04.05.2018
To Apply Online: Click here
For Official Notice: Click here
To Get Latest Government Jobs Alert Follow Us On:
To Get Free Study Material Join Our Telegram Channels:
Join Our Telegram Groups for All Important Exams: