BARC Recruitment 2021 Notification Out for Recruiting Scientific Officers & Engineers in DAE Through OCES / DGFS 2021 - Last Date 07.08.2021
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) has published the BARC Recruitment 2021 Notification for recruiting Scientific Officers & Engineers in Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) & Various DAE Units Through OCES / DGFS – 2021.
BARC OCES / DGFS is one of the top Government Job Opportunities available in India for Engineers & Science Post Graduates.
Let’s understand the BARC OCES / DGFS Programme First –
(A) OCES Stands for “Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Postgraduates”
- It is an orientation course for Engineering Graduates & Science Post Graduate Candidates before giving them permanent appointment in various units of Department of Atomic Energy
- This Orientation Course i.e. OCES will be conducted at five BARC Training Schools which are situated at Mumbai, Kalpakkam, Indore and Hyderabad.
- During Training (OCES) selected candidates will be called as “Trainee Scientific Officer (TSO)”
- After Successfully completion of OCES in BARC Training Schools, TSOs will be appointed as Scientific Officer in any one of DAE Units which are BARC, IGCAR, RRCAT, VECC, HWB, NFC, BRIT, NPCIL, BHAVINI, UCIL, AMD and DCSEM.
- Scientific Officer in DAE Units is a “Group A Gazetted Officer” Post of Government of India.
- However in case of appointment in NPCIL, UCIL & BHAVINI, The post will be not be a Gazetted Officer Post as these all are PSUs and appointment in PSU are governed by the Service Rules of Corporation.
(B) DGFS Stands for “DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme for Engineering Graduates and Physics Postgraduates”
- It is a two year fellowship scheme for Engineering Graduates and Physics Post Graduates for completing M.Tech / M.Chem. Engineering Degree.
- Further Their Appointment in Department of Atomic Energy is also Secured while pursuing M.Tech / M.Chem. Engineering Degree.
- On successful completion of M. Tech. / M. Chem. Engg. DGFS Fellows are posted as Scientific Officers (Group A Gazetted) in DAE.
- DGFS Fellows will be posted in BARC Mumbai or IGCAR Kalpakkam.
Complete Details regarding BARC OCES / DGFS are provided below.
|Organisation Name||Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) - Department of Atomic Energy (DAE)|
|Recruitment Exam Name||BARC Recruitment 2021 - OCES / DGFS|
|Post Notified||Scientific Officer - Group 'A' Gazetted|
|Recruitment Type||Permanent Job After Training|
|Recruitment Category||Engineering Jobs | Technical Jobs | Scientific Jobs|
Salary / Stipend / Pay Scale for OCES / DGFS - 2021 Trainees in BARC Recruitment 2021
Stipend and Allowances during Training To OCES TSOs and DGFS Fellows:
- During Training OCES TSOs and DGFS Fellows will be paid a stipend of ₹ 55,000 per month.
- A one- time book allowance of ₹ 18,000 will also be paid to BARC OCES TSOs & DGFS Fellows.
- DGFS Fellows are reimbursed the tuition fee for M.Tech. / M.Chem.Engg.
- DGFS Fellows are additionally paid a onetime Contingency Grant of ₹ 25,000 to meet M.Tech. / M.Chem.Engg. project related expenses.
Salary / Pay Scale for Scientific Officers After Permanent Appointment in BARC / DAE Units –
- Scientific Officers is a Level 10 post according to the 7th Central Pay Commission Pay Matrix
- Initial basic pay in Level 10 for Scientific Officers will be ₹ 56,100
- 2-3 Additional Increment for OCES TSOs & 3-4 Additional Increment for DGFS Fellows may be given at the time of appointment as Scientific Officer in BARC / DAE Units depending upon their performance during Orientation Course.
- Monthly emoluments (with three increments) at the time of joining for Scientific Officer recruited through BARC OCES / DGFS 2021 including Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance and Transport Allowance at the present Mumbai rate, will be approximately ₹ 95,000.
- Further Scientific Officers will also be entitled for Leave Travel Concession by Air, Children’s Education Allowance & Professional Update Allowance.
|Post Name||Salary / Pay Scale|
|BARC OCES TSO||Rs. 55,000/- Per Month|
|BARC DGFS Fellow||Rs. 55,000/- Per Month|
|Scientific Officer||Level 10 (Rs. 56,100/- + Allowances)|
Vacancy Details for BARC OCES / DGFS 2021
Vacancy Details are not yet disclosed.
BARC Recruitment 2021 - Eligibility Criteria / Educational Qualification for OCES / DGFS 2021
Candidates having Engineering Degree / M.Sc / M.E. / M.Tech / Other Academic Degree as mentioned below can apply online for BARC Recruitment 2021 (OCES / OGFS 2021)
|Paper Code & Discipline||Educational Qualification & GATE Paper (GATE Paper is Required Only If Candidate Apply for GATE Entry)|
|ME(21) - Mechanical||Degree in Mechanical Engineering [GATE Paper Mechanical Engineering]|
|CH(22) - Chemical||Degree in Chemical Engineering [GATE Paper Chemical Engineering]|
|MT (23) - Metallurgical||Degree in Metallurgy / Metallurgy & Materials Engineering / Metallurgy & Materials Science / Metallurgical Engineering / Metallurgical & Materials Engineering / Metallurgical Engineering & Materials Science / Materials Science & Engineering [GATE Paper - Metallurgical Engineering]|
|EE (24) - Electrical||Electrical Engineering / Electrical & Electronics Engineering [GATE Paper Electrical Engineering]|
|EC(25) - Electronics||Degree in Electrical / Electronics / Electronics & Communication / Electronics & Controls / Electrical & Electronics / Electronics & Instrumentation [GATE Paper - Electronics & Communication Engineering]|
|CS(26) - Computer Science||Degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering/ Computer Science & Engineering [GATE Paper Computer Science & Information Technology|
|IN(27) - Instrumentation||Degree in Instrumentation / Electronics & Instrumentation / Instrumentation & Controls [GATE Paper Instrumentation Engineering]|
|CE(28) - Civil||Civil Engineering [GATE Paper - Civil Engineering]|
|NE(29) - Nuclear Engineering||Degree in Nuclear Engineering / Nuclear Technology / Nuclear Science & Technology [No GATE Entry]|
|FRT-M(30) - Fast Reactor Technology-M||Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering [GATE Paper - Mechanical / Chemical Engineering]|
|FRT-E(31) - Fast Reactor Technology-E||Degree in Electrical Engg. / Electronics Engg. / Electronics & Communication Engg. / Electronics & Controls Engg. / Electrical & Electronics Engg. / Electronics & Instrumentation Engg. [GATE Paper - Electrical / Electronics Engineering]|
|QA&QC(32) - Quality Assurance & Quality Control||Degree in Mechanical or Metallurgy / Metallurgy & Materials Engineering / Metallurgy & Materials Science / Metallurgical Engineering / Metallurgical & Materials Engineering / Metallurgical Engineering & Materials Science / Materials Science & Engineering [GATE Paper - Mechanical or Metallurgical Engineering]|
|PH(41) - Physics||M. Sc. In Physics / Applied Physics [GATE Physics] OR B.E./B.Tech. In Engineering Physics [GATE Physics / Engineering Sciences]|
|CY(42) - Chemistry||M. Sc. In Chemistry [GATE Paper - Chemistry]|
|BS(43) - Bioscience||M.Sc. in Agriculture, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Genetics, Botany, Zoology, Plant Science, Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology, Entomology, Food Technology, Animal Science, Life Sciences, Biomedical Sciences OR B.E./B.Tech./B.Sc.(Tech.) in Food Technology [GATE Paper Life Science / Biotechnology]|
|RSES(44) - Radiological Safety & Environmental Science||B.E./B.Tech./B.Sc.(Engg.)/5-year integrated M. Tech. in Nuclear Engg./ Nuclear Technology/ Nuclear Science & Technology [NO GATE Entry] OR M.Sc. In Physics / Applied Physics [GATE Paper - Physics] OR M.Sc. In Chemistry [GATE Papper - Chemistry]|
|GE(45) - Geology||M.Sc. or equivalent M.Tech. in Geology / Applied Geology / Applied Geochemistry or 5- year integrated M.Tech. in Geological Technology [ GATE Paper - Geology & Geophysics]|
BARC Recruitment 2021 - Age Limits for OCES / DGFS 2021
Category Wise Upper Age Limit Details for BARC Recruitment 2021 (OCES / DGFS 2021) are provided below –
- General Category Candidates: 26 years
- OBC: 29 years
- SC/ST: 31 years
- Dependents of those who died in the riots of 1984 (Dep1984): 31 years
- Persons domiciled in Kashmir Division of Jammu & Kashmir State from 01/01/1980 to 31/12/1989 (Domicile of Kashmir): 31 years.
Physically Challenged persons of all categories are eligible for age relaxation of 10 years
BARC Recruitment 2021 - Selection Process OCES / DGFS 2021
Selection of Candidates for BARC OCES / DGFS 2021 is a Two Stage Process
I. Screening To Shortlist Candidates:
- Screening for Selection Interviews is based on two alternative methods which are (a) Online Exam to be conducted by BARC or (b) On The Basis of GATE 2020 / 2021 Score
- Candidate can either opt to appear in online exam or can use his GATE Score through GATE Entry. If any candidate want, he can use both the methods i.e. He may appear in Online Exam and also usne his GATE Score for GATE Entry to increase his chances.
II. Final Interview of Shortlisted Candidates.
- Through The First Method Candidates will only be shortlisted for Interview.
- Final merit list will be prepared base don Interview Marks Only.
BARC Recruitment 2021 - Application Fees for OCES / DGFS 2021
For applying to OCES / DGFS 2021 Through BARC Recruitment 2021, candidates are required to pay Rs. 500/- as application fee.
However, Woman candidates , candidates belonging to SC/ST, Dependents of Defence Personnel Killed in Action (DODPKIA) and Physically Challenged candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee.
BARC Recruitment 2021 - Important Dates for OCES / DGFS 2021
|Commencement of Online Application Process for OCES/DGFS-2021||12.07.2021|
|Last date for Registration for Online Application||07.08.2021|
|Last date for Submission of Online Application||09.08.2021|
|Online Examination Slot Booking||20.08.2021 To 25.08.2021|
|Online Examination||05.09.2021 To 12.09.2021|
|Display of List of candidates short-listed for Interview on Online Application Portal||21.09.2021|
|Availability based option on Online Application Portal to select Interview Slot for qualified candidates||24.09.2021 To 28.09.2021|
|Selection Interviews||04.10.2021 To 29.10.2021|
|Display of List of Candidates finally selected for OCES-2021 on Online Application Portal||November 2021 - Second Week|
|Last Date for Selected OCES-2021 Candidates desirous of DGFS to give details of M.Tech I M.Chem. Engg. admission in a DGFS institute||November - Third Week|
|Declaration of List of Applicants Selected for DGFS-2021 on Online Application Portal||30.11.2021|
Download Official Notification & Apply Online Form Link for BARC Recruitment 2021 Through OCES / DGFS - 2021
Detailed BARC Recruitment 2021 Notification & Apply Online form link for OCES / DGFS 2021 are provided below –