SSC Constable GD Recruitment 2022 Notification Details
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has published the SSC GD Recruitment 2022 Notification for recruitment to 24369 Constable Job Vacancies in Paramilitary Forces (i.e. in BSF, CISF, ITBP, SSB, SSF, Assam Rifles).
Detailed Official Notification, Apply Online Form Link, Age Limit, Selection Process, Educational Qualification, Vacancy Details, Application Fees, Starting & Last Date of Online Exam & other relevant details for SSC Constable Recruitment 2022 are provided below.
Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
Recruitment Exam Name
SSC Constable GD Exam 2022
Constable (General Duty)
Salary / Pay Scale for SSC Constable GD
Constable GD, Recruited By The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) in Various Paramilitary Forces and Rifleman in Assam Rifles both the 7th Pay Matrix Level 03 (Rs 21700-69100) Posts. Gross Total Salary for SSC Constable GD Depends on Place of Posting. Details of Place of Posting Wise Gross Total Salary for SSC Constable GD are mentioned in the table below –
- X Class City: ₹ 40,773/- Per Month.
- Y Class City: ₹ 36,336/- Per Month
- Z Class City: ₹ 34,383/- Per Month
Type X City Means Greater Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Delhi, Ahmedabad & Bangalore.
Type Y Cities are generally Tier 2 Cities Such As Jaipur, Amritsar, Nagpur, Rajkot, Patna & Other Cities As Notified By The Government of India.
All the other cities / places which are not Type ‘X’ or Type ‘Y’ are considered as Type ‘Z’.
Other Than Above Salary, Constable GD Recruited by SSC in Paramilitary Forces are also entitled to various allowances which includes but not limited to –
- Leave Travel Allowance (LTC)
- Medical Insurance
- Child Education Allowance (CEA) @₹27,000/- Per Year for Upto 2 Children (i.e. ₹ 54,000/- Per Year).
- Government Contribution To New Pension Scheme (14% of Basic Pay & DA i.e. Rs. 3888/- Per Month) etc.
Vacancy Details in Constable GD Recruitment 2022
Total Vacancies notified by the SSC at the time of notification were 24369. However, now vacancies are increased to 45109. Details of Paramilitary Force Wise Revised Vacancies in SSC GD Recruitment 2022 are provided below –
Eligibility Criteria / Educational Qualification for SSC GD Recruitment 2022 for Constable Job Vacancy
10th Pass Candidates Can Apply Online for SSC Constable GD Recruitment 2022.
Age Limit for SSC GD Recruitment 2022 for Constable & Rifleman
18-23 years (+03 Year relaxation for one times) as on 01.01.2023. However, after relaxation of three (03) years in upper age, the candidate should not have been born earlier than 02-01-1997.
Note: Due to unprecedented ‘Covid Pandemic’, it has been decided by the Government to grant three (03) years age relaxation beyond respective prescribed upper age limit for all categories of the candidates as one-time measure for this recruitment.
Category Wise Age Relaxation Details for SSC GD Recruitment 2022 are provided below: –
- For SC/ ST Candidates: By 5 years
- For OBC Candidates: By 3 years
- For Ex-Servicemen Candidates: By 3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the date of reckoning.
- For Children and dependent Candidates of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (Unreserved): By 5 years
- For Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (OBC): By 8 years
- For Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (SC/ ST): By 10 years.
Application Fees for SSC Constable GD Recruitment 2022
Candidates belonging to UR / OBC Categories who wish to apply for SSC GD Recruitment 2022 will have to pay Rs 100/- (Rs one hundred only) as application fees.
However, Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) are eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of fee.
Selection Process for SSC Constable GD
Selection Process for SSC Constable GD is As Follows –
- First The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Conducts The Computer Based Examination (CBE).
- The Examination is Conducted in Both Hindi & English Languages.
- For Those Candidates Who Qualify in the Computer Based Examination (CBE), Physical Efficiency Test (PET) & Physical Standard Test (PST) is be scheduled and conducted by the CAPFs.
- Male and female candidates who qualify in the PET/ PST are shortlisted State / Area-wise and category-wise on the basis of their merit in the Computer Based Examination for appearing in the Detailed Medical Examination (DME) / Document Verification (DV) which is conducted by the CAPFs
- The candidates who are qualified in the PET / PST and DV / Medical Examination are considered for inclusion in the final merit list.
- Vacancies of Constable (GD) in SSF a filled oren All India basis whereas vacancies in all other CAPFs are filled as per the vacancies available in various States / UTs.
- Final result along with force allocation is declared by the SSC based on the performance of candidates in the Computer Based Examination subject to their qualifying the Physical Standard Test, Physical Efficiency Test, Medical Examination and other conditions stipulated in the Notice of Examination.
Previous Year Question Papers for SSC GD
Important Dates for SSC GD Recruitment 2022
Date of Notification
Starting Date of Online Application
Last Date of Online Application
Last date and time for generation of offline Challan
Last date and time for making online fee payment
Last date for payment through Challan (during Working hours of Bank)
Schedule of Computer Based Examination
Download Official Notification & Apply Online Link for SSC Constable GD Recruitment 2022
Detailed Official Notification & Apply Online Form Link for SSC Constable GD Recruitment 2022 Are Provided Below –