UPSC CAPF AC Exam 2022 Notification Details
The Central Armed Police Forces (ACs), or CAPF Exam 2022, has been announced by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Download link for the official notification for UPSC CAPF Exam 2022 is provided at the end of this article. The UPSC’s official website (link provided below) has opened the application procedure, and aspirants can apply until May 10th.
On August 7 (Sunday), UPSC will hold the CAPF exam 2022, which will consist of two papers. Paper I will take place from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., and Paper II will take place from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. All qualifying criteria, vacancy breakdown, exam pattern, and other information are included in this article.
The UPSC CAPF test 2022 will be held for 253 positions in the armed forces, including the BSF, CISF, SSB and the CRPF.
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
Recruitment Exam Name
UPSC CAPF AC Exam 2022
Assistant Commandant (AC)
Salary / Pay Scale for UPSC CAPF AC
UPSC CAPF AC carries the pay scale of 7th Pay Matrix Level 10 (₹ 56,100/- to ₹ 1,77,500/-) [Old Pay Band ₹ 15600-39100/- and Grade Pay ₹ 5400/-] .
The gross monthly salary for UPSC CAPF AC (If posted in metro) will be approx Rs. 99,969/-.
Vacancy Details for UPSC CAPF AC Exam 2022
The tentative Examination number of vacancies to be filled through UPSC CAPF AC Exam 2022 are 253. Armed police force wise vacancy details are provided below –
- BSF: 66
- CRPF: 29
- CISF: 62
- ITBP: 14
- SSB: 82
Eligibility Criteria / Educational Qualification for UPSC CAPF
A candidate must have a University Bachelor’s degree. Candidates who have taken a qualifying examination that would have qualified them educationally for the Commission’s examination but have not been informed of the results, as well as candidates who intend to take such a qualifying examination in the year 2022, will be eligible for admission to the examination.
Age Limit for UPSC CAPF AC 2022
A candidate must be at least 20 years old and no older than 25 years old on August 1, 2022, which means he or she must have been born between August 2nd, 1997 and August 1st, 2002.
The upper age limit can be relaxed as mentioned below –
- Up to five years if a candidate is from a Scheduled Caste or Tribe.
- Up to three years for applicants from Other Backward Classes who are qualified for reservation.
- Up to five years for Civilian Central Government Servants, as per Central Government directives. Ex-servicemen will also be eligible. In any case, the total relaxation based on government service is restricted to five years.
Selection Process for UPSC CAPF
The UPSC CAPF AC selection procedure consists of three stages: a written exam, a medical examination, and an interview/personality test.
- The written test is the first stage of the CAPF AC Selection Procedure.
- There will be two papers in the UPSC CAPF AC Written Exam.
- In the next round of the UPSC CAPF AC Selection Process, those who pass the written test will move on to the physical standards tests and medical standards tests, which are the next steps in the process.
- The personality test/interview round is the final stage of the CAPF AC Selection Process. The UPSC CAPF AC Personality Test and Interview will be worth 150 marks.
Application Fees for UPSC CAPF Exam
Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay fee of Rs.200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) during online application for UPSC CAPF Exam.
Important Dates for UPSC CAPF AC Exam 2022
Date of Notification
Starting Date of Online Application
Last Date of Online Application
Download Official Notification & Apply Online Link for UPSC CAPF AC Exam 2022
Official notification pdf for UPSC CAPF AC Exam 2022 and online application link are provided below. The link for online application will remain active till 10th May 2022.
Those candidates who want to apply for UPSC CAPF exam are advised to apply as soon as possible and not wait for the last date as Allotment of Centres/exam city will be on the “first-apply-first allot” basis so chances are there that if you apply late, you will have to go to a different city / state than your choice for exam.